In case of a flood emergency where a pipe bursts and your home is starting to fill with water, it helps to know:

  1. Where your shut off valves is (usually outside, with a heavy iron cover over it)
  2. How to turn it off.

In the case of No. 2, the valve requires a curb key (also known as a water key), which you can purchase from you local hardware store, Home Depot or Lowes. They look like this:

(image source)

You can also use a wrench but the key makes things a lot easier.

Posted Sep 29, 2014


Stay up to date

BBB Nashville Mold Remediation Logo